Sunday, June 10, 2012

Life is Funny - Dealing with Socks

A little light hearted but in a way serious thoughts tonight. I was out walking my dogs the other night and talking about things as we walked. I thought about how they walk in bare feet whereas people walk in shoes, a much more preferable way.

But they looked up at me with a puzzled look as if to ask, "if shoes are so comfortable, why do you wear socks?" So I explained that the socks are to help our feet feel better as the shoes protect us form the rock and things on the ground, the socks protect our feet from the roughness of the shoes.

But they looked at me as if to ask, "Is this like those commercials on television where the medicine causes more side effects than the disease?" They gave me that look that made it clear, "If socks are so good, why to you have to wear the rough hem side inside against your feet and the soft smooth part on the outside where not only does it not make you foot feel good but nobody can see it anyway?"

We hear people say, "Its a dog's life." usually meant in a negative way but as I reflect, they don't worry about bills or money, they don't have to worry about where they left their iPhone charger or rechargeable batteries. They eat, sleep, play and all they ask for is a belly rub and some love with an occasional walk. Yep, they sure have it rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment